||KCNC Superlight Burls Ti
Burls superlight project.
The Burls/KCNC superlight project is a collaberation between Burls titanium bicycle frames and KCNC components.
KCNC are a relatively small brand manufacturing very high quality superlight weight components at very competitive prices.
The aim of the project was to build a very lightweight but ridable machine made from mainly metal, that would tip the scales at under 16 pounds all in.
The result was a bike that weighed almost 15 pounds and, as planned, cost under £3000.
Components:- Burls Titanium KCNC superlight parts.
- Frame: Burls full custom 3al2.5v plain gauge titanium.
- Frame weight:1370 grams.
- Wheels:American classic sprint 350s.
- Tyres:Michelin pro 3 light.
- Forks:Reynolds ouzo pro Peleton.
- Cassette: KCNC Sc/Al/Ti Alloy 10 Speed Cassette 12-25T Campagnolo Fit.
- Skewers: Kcnc Quick Release Wheel Skewers - Silver Road.
- Front mech: Campagnolo Chorus alloy.
- Rear mech: Campagnolo Centaur alloy.
- Chain set: KCNC K-type RD1 Crankset 170mm 52/39T External BB Double.
- Brakes:Kcnc CB1 Road Brake Callipers.
- Gear shifters: campagnolo Centaur carbon.
- Chain:KMC X10L Gold 10 Spd Chain.
- Pedals:Speedplay X2 Stainless.
- Headset: Hope standard 1 1/8th
- Stem: KCNC SC Wing Scandium Stem 31.8mm
- Handle bars: KCNC SC Force.
- Seat post: KCNC SC Pro Scandium Layback Seat Post 27.2mm.
- Saddle: Flite titanium
- Seat post clamp: KCNC Road Pro Seat Clamp 31.8mm Ti Bolt/Gold Nut Bar.
The full range of KCNC parts including those used on this bike can be found under KCNC in our shop